Water conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
None of my family will be here for Saturday and most of the day Sunday. We are coming back Sunday night. Will my fish be ok if I skip Saturdays and Sundays doses of water conditioner???? I know that the fish will be ok to miss a day of food but I wasn't sure about water conditioner.

You add water conditioner to your tank every day without doing a water change?

Yeh only add your water conditioner to the new water you are putting in your tank when you do a partial water change. Don't put it in everyday with no water change.

You sure it doesnt say "it works for 24 hours"

If you're having increased ammonia levels then yes, but don't think that is your case so only use it if you are doing PWC.

You sure it doesnt say "it works for 24 hours"

If you're having increased ammonia levels then yes, but don't think that is your case so only use it if you are doing PWC.

Oh ok, and yes it says "always allow a 24 period between single dose applications."

I think that's for the purpose of detoxifying nitrogenous waste (ammonia, nitrites, etc). For conditioning water after a water change, a single dose should do.

It's not so bad. I had some misleading directions on some ich treatment one time. I nearly killed everything in my tank.

Oh man, that must have been an interesting time period! Glad to hear that they survived though! :D

Oh man, that must have been an interesting time period! Glad to hear that they survived though! :D

Only a few did.
The directions said treat every 24 hours until it was gone. I did just that, and a lot of fish started to have their fins rot off. The medication poisoned them. All I had left was all the red glass barbs and a pleco. Those are some tough fish.

Only a few did.
The directions said treat every 24 hours until it was gone. I did just that, and a lot of fish started to have their fins rot off. The medication poisoned them. All I had left was all the red glass barbs and a pleco. Those are some tough fish.

I'm sorry to hear that :( I'm afraid I have lost 2 ghost shrimp because I saw them the night before last but didn't see them all day yesterday, last night before I went to bed, or all day today! I still have one left but, I'm hoping that the other 2 are just molting and are hiding for now!

I'm sorry to hear that :( I'm afraid I have lost 2 ghost shrimp because I saw them the night before last but didn't see them all day yesterday, last night before I went to bed, or all day today! I still have one left but, I'm hoping that the other 2 are just molting and are hiding for now!

I want to get some of those for my live breeder tank. I hear they are easy to get to raise young. I'd like to see that, and have lime live food as a treat for my gouramis. The small ones should make a good snack.

I want to get some of those for my live breeder tank. I hear they are easy to get to raise young. I'd like to see that, and have lime live food as a treat for my gouramis. The small ones should make a good snack.

Definitely! That's what I was hoping for! A nice live snack for my fish but also if a couple lived then I would be happy to have more! They are very interesting to watch!!

Back
Top Bottom