water conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haleybeth30

Aquarium Advice FINatic
previously, I've used Prime in my tanks. My fiance' picked up Jungle's start right with aloe. Anyone used this? I guess I should test my tap water as this bottle says nothing about ammonia... Have you used this? Comments?
Thanks again!

We have very good tap water where I live, which nulls the need to use primer in my Cichlid tanks. I don't believe in putting chemicals into the fish tank unless it's an absolute must. My recommendation would be to check your tap source in a 5 gallon bucket, then add the chemical in and recheck. You might find out that you don't even need to use water conditioner.

interesting, I will do that after work with ammonia, but how would I check for chlorine?

Ok so I will just test my ammonia and if none use this stuff, if so go back and get prime..

yes, the jungle start right removes chlorine and chloramine (I think it was) it's the ammonia I'm concerned about. I'm going to test my tap water for ammonia

you think this would hurt my fish? I really need to do wcs tonight and my fiance has the car at work. I just compared bottles seems Prime is also for detoxifying ammonia and nitrite while this other one does not.. I guess I should wait one more day and get prime

I use sodium thiosulfate crystals in my tanks. If you don't have an ammonia or nitrite issue there's really no sense in wasting money on Prime, just my opinion though. Sodium thiosulfate is chemical used in most dechlorinators, and $10 worth will last most fishkeepers a lifetime.

I use sodium thiosulfate crystals in my tanks. If you don't have an ammonia or nitrite issue there's really no sense in wasting money on Prime, just my opinion though. Sodium thiosulfate is chemical used in most dechlorinators, and $10 worth will last most fishkeepers a lifetime.

very informative, unfortunately I do have issues, but I'm going to keep this in mind. So doesn't water changing remove nitrites and ammonia too? Shouldn't I just go ahead with this jungle stuff since it really needs done?

A bottle of that came with my ten gallon it helps with fin repair and also was able to treat the water. My problem is that it runs out quickly when using recommended dosage

I'd take it back and get Prime. Could the other stuff work, probably, but I wouldn't change from Prime unless there's some reason it's causing you problems.

Back
Top Bottom