Water Conditioner Question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

red_tide

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
When doing water changes or adding water I use a ammonia detoxifier that detoxifies Chloramines, Chlorine, Ammonia, Nitrate, and Nitrite. On the instructions it says to add 1 teaspoon for each 10 gallons. I have a 20 gallon tank. My question is if I do a 25% water change and need to add 5 gallons do I only add half a teaspoon or do I use 2 teaspoons for my 20 gallon tank? Thank you in advance for your help.

Depends how you change the water:

If you use a Python type thing and fill straight from the tap then dose according to the total volume of the tank before you add the water.

If you use buckets then dose the bucket according to its volume.

Not sure what a Python type thing is but I use a bucket to refill. So thanks. Ill make sure to only add it to the bucket's volume. Thanks again

Depends how you change the water:

If you use a Python type thing and fill straight from the tap then dose according to the total volume of the tank before you add the water.

If you use buckets then dose the bucket according to its volume.

Can I just clarify this? If I use a Python system I should dose water conditioner based upon the total volume of the tank not just the replaced water?

Back
Top Bottom