Water evaporates too fast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Full, glass or plastic hood(s) are probably your best bet. I lose about an inch over the course of a week on a 55 with hoods covering everything minus the back couple inches because I'm too lazy to cut notches in the plastic so I leave it off the glass top.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Plastic or Perspex I've fairly good and readily cut but the piece I have shows a bit of sag over time. It's mainly annoying more than anything.

Plastic or Perspex I've fairly good and readily cut but the piece I have shows a bit of sag over time. It's mainly annoying more than anything.

Is perspex another name for plexiglass? Or is it a different material all together?

Is perspex another name for plexiglass? Or is it a different material all together?

I think it is the same stuff. Hard clear something, something plastic sheets. I found it tough to cut but has generally been scratch resistant. I've even dropped a sheet by accident and only chipped a corner.

It's not quite as clear as glass imo but I find easier to deal with and no sharp edges. I was worried about it but has lasted 2 or so years so far with little problems.

I think it is the same stuff. Hard clear something, something plastic sheets. I found it tough to cut but has generally been scratch resistant. I've even dropped a sheet by accident and only chipped a corner.

It's not quite as clear as glass imo but I find easier to deal with and no sharp edges. I was worried about it but has lasted 2 or so years so far with little problems.

Sounds like the same stuff, a circular saw our table saw does wonders to cut it if you have access to it, btw. :)

Back
Top Bottom