Water level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wahooburger

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I'm brand new to AA forums, but it looks like a great place to gain knowledge about the hobby!

Anyways, I just bought a 55 gallon fish tank, and I filled it up to about an inch and a half.
I took some water level measurements, and the right side is 0.3 cm (1/16 inch about) higher than the left side.
Is this a cause for concern?

I have read that it is recommended to use polystyrene foam to help level out imbalances. Art, hardware, plastics, and foam/rubber stores don't seem to carry and polystyrene!

All I've found in my foam is something called ETA-foam (or is it Etha-foam?).

Does anyone know any other good alternatives to polystyrene that is safe for leveling out a 55 gallon fish tank?

Safety and reliability is my number one concern, because if my fish tank cracks and leaks, I am DEAD MEAT!

Thanks a lot for any advice
Andy

Anyways, I just bought a 55 gallon fish tank, and I filled it up to about an inch and a half.
I took some water level measurements, and the right side is 0.3 cm (1/16 inch about) higher than the left side.

That little difference is nothing to worry about, IMO. I dont think I've ever had a completely level tank, and never had one leak for that reason.

Oh Yeah, welcome to the site!

thanks!
i decided to just fill it up... and it didn't explode. whew!
i was extra worried, since my apartment doesn't allow fish tanks, so if it did blow up, AND they found out...

Is it a glass tank or acrylic? I dont think the tank would crack if the weigh is properly distributed to the stand.

Back
Top Bottom