Water Levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wetfishies

Aquarium Advice Regular
What process/stage is my cycling in, if my water levels are.
PH...7.6
Ammonia 1.0 ppm maybe give a little.
ni-TRITE 0.25 ppm
ni-TRATES 0 ppm

You got a few weeks left from my experience

Your nitrites will spike then your nitrates

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I tested my water a couple min. ago & here are the results. As they have raised. So again this would be normal? 6:15 AM Tuesday

Ammonia 0.50 ppm
Ni-TRITES almost 0.50 ppm
Ni-TRATES 20 ppm
PH is still sky high 7.6 if more

Are you doing a fish less cycle? Or are there fish in there?

There are fish in there unfortunately. I am not trying to do a cycle on purpose with fish in there. It`s just going on I don`t` know why

How long have you had the tank?

About two yrs. I have never had a issue before till now. Well I have decided to put in two sacks of some of the old gravel. I sucked up in a dropper the water that I could and tested it. The PH was still high & the ni-TRITES was beautiful the ni-TRATES was very very high. The ammonia was almost to none. so I am hop this will add something to to the water that needs to be in there

I just tested the water & the readings are. ni-TRITE 2.0 ppm
Ammonia 1.0 ni-TRATE 5.0 ppm & the PH is 7.6 Should I take out the old gravel?

My ni-TRITE is now 5.0 :( I am now in process of doing a 50% water change & will do another 50% in a few hours

Next time you want to start a tank I would seriously consider a fish less cycle, it's easier IMHO and much less detrimental to any fish you have, there are some great articles and threads on how to do one on this site

Yes thank you I too agree. But I have had the set up for 2 years & I have done very good with it. I had a betta in there by itself in the beginning, that is why I bought it actually. & a divider so I could put 2 in there. I know they do not need anything to big but I figured I myself wanted them to have room ya know. I went to Fl. for 2 weeks came home and she was floating :( Thanks to my niece. Hopefully my buddies will make it through this mess up of mine of what ever I might of done wrong. I am sure with the quick responses from everyone here who has helped us things will work out fine.

Back
Top Bottom