Water levels after water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senorkevin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I did a 50% water change yesterday and the same today but all the levels are the same (high). Is this normal? I thought changing half the water would half the results.

Multiple water changes, even back to back changes, are much better then swimming in elevated parameters

As long as you have an established filter, with mature media you can do at least 5 changes a day and you would be fine.

I've had to do 3 or 4 50% WC in a day while cycling. Hang in there, it's frustrating sometimes, I'm finally out of my cycle and it took about 8 weeks! ( fish in)
Good luck!

Just do them when shes not looking then lol. But seriously, It would be best in my opinion if you cant keep up with water changes then you should return them and fishless cycle with ammonia.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just do them when shes not looking then lol. But seriously, It would be best in my opinion if you cant keep up with water changes then you should return them and fishless cycle with ammonia.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am going to +1 this.

What exactly are your parameters testing at though? What about before and after the water change?
How often and how much are you feeding?
How much water did you change out?

Back
Top Bottom