water looks foamy on top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seasons

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi
My tank has been through quite a bit in the last month or so. I had several sick fish that I had to treat several times. Then I did a complete tank overhaul which mean't it was like new so it went threw the cycle process with the fish in it. Numerous water changes of course. Now all my levels are very stable but I have this foam on the top and the water is still a bit cloudy. I do use an oxygen stone but I hadn't noticed the foam before. Anyone know what this could be??
Thanks
Seasons

When you did the overhaul did you clean the tank itself. There could have been some meds coated on the walls of the tank that are now causing a foam on the top of the tank? That's my only thought on this. HTH

What do you add to your water when you do changes? I noticed that when I add Stress Coat the water gets a bit foamy on top but makes it smell fresh though 8)

You should smell the water and also dip your fingers in it to see if its kind of oily to your finger tips...good conditioned water should smell like wet dirt after rain and the bubblers on the surface should pop in less then 10 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom