Water parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PandaKing

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so we are having a big issue with one of our tanks not bein able to stay within parameters an killing our fish off. We have done water changes tried chemicals but keeps creeping really high.

Just tested-
Nitrate- above 80ppm but below 160ppm
Ammonia- 0-0.25ppm
Ph- between 7.2 and 7.6
Nitrites- 0ppm

It is a planted tank and all the plants are doin just fine proper lighting. I did notice it is our only tank using the little river pebbles instead of planted tank substrate like my others so maybe that’s why my other tanks are doin fine? Tanks get doses once a week with potassium and micronutrients but doubt that’s the reason for the spike.

How often and how much water do you change out? The best way to lower your parameters is with water changes. Scrap the chemicals.

How often and how much water do you change out? The best way to lower your parameters is with water changes. Scrap the chemicals.

Changed bout 80% out, but tested our water we use an it’s literally got higher nitrites an nitrates then what I’m testing so wonder if that could be the issue?

Ya that's definitely the issue. You might start mixing 50/50 RO or Distilled with your tap water. Cut it in half. And use Seachem Prime to detoxify the nitrites.

Back
Top Bottom