Water Parameters and Nutrfin Test Kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toillion

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got the Nutrafin Master Test Kit for my 65 gallon planted tank and wanted to create some charts, which I attached, to make it easier to record the data and follow the instructions. I did a lot of research to try to get the ideal water parameters but found a lot conflicting information so if y'all would check out the recommend levels I put on the chart and give feedback on it that would be great! A couple of them are still blank because I'm not 100% sure on what they should be yet. I want to make this chart to be as close to perfect for a planted tank to make future testing easy. If anyone has the same tests or just wants the charts feel free to use them for your own purposes.

Also, I wanted to get feedback on my current water parameters and concerns. I have a medium to high light tank but don't currently inject CO2. I use Seachem Flourish, Excel, Potassium, and Iron as instructed on the bottle. The fish I have include, Mollies, Guppies, Neon Tetras, Black Skirt Tetras, and German Blue Rams.
My parameters are
Ammonia 0
Ph 7.9 too high?
Gh 80
Kh 70
Nitrite 0
Nitrate <5
Calcium 40
Iron Non-chelated 0
Iron Chelated 0
Phosphate 0.25

Some of these levels seem really low for my plants like, Phosphate, Iron, and Nitrate, even though I'm using different liquid fertilizers. The Ph also seems high but when I used the test strips before I had this kit it showed 7 so I had never worried about it.

Attachments

• Water Tests.pdf
    789.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Water Test Chart.pdf
    674.6 KB · Views: 15
I never really managed to get a good iron reading. Just bound that fast I think. Nitrates and phosphates seem low to me but if plants are fine, I'd not worry.

I never really managed to get a good iron reading. Just bound that fast I think. Nitrates and phosphates seem low to me but if plants are fine, I'd not worry.

Thanks for the reply! My plants are doing ok but I definitely think they could be doing a lot better if I could get those levels up some.

Potassium is the hardest. Nitrates from fish waste and phosphates from fish food so generally covered there in low tech tanks.

Back
Top Bottom