Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 03-31-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
RyanBenson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 627
Water test

So I'm back from my trip and this so the first time I've tested my water. My PH (I think) is a little high. My ammonia seem to match pretty well with .25ppm and my nitrite seems a little off but my nitrate is at 0ppm. Any advice please?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1786818707.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	164092



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2524768102.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	164096
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2059662396.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	164095  
__________________

__________________
RyanBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 2,000
Stability is key with pH even at pH 8, as for the others, you should do a 50% water change until they reach 0 or close to that.
__________________

__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Bubbs72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Test your water using the high ph liquid to find out how high it is. Mine is a constant 8.2 so I don't bother with the lower ph test.
__________________
Bubbs72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
spiketooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Okinawa Japan
Posts: 950
Your tank is not cycled. Do a 30% water change and keep testing. Becuase you have fish in there your going to do more water changes to keep your levels safe. For your ph test with highrange ph to get a true reading but going to guess your around 7.8-8
__________________
spiketooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
RyanBenson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiketooth View Post
Your tank is not cycled. Do a 30% water change and keep testing. Becuase you have fish in there your going to do more water changes to keep your levels safe. For your ph test with highrange ph to get a true reading but going to guess your around 7.8-8
Ok thanks, will do!!
__________________
RyanBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
RyanBenson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs72 View Post
Test your water using the high ph liquid to find out how high it is. Mine is a constant 8.2 so I don't bother with the lower ph test.
Ok thanks!
__________________
RyanBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
RyanBenson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishanatic View Post
Stability is key with pH even at pH 8, as for the others, you should do a 50% water change until they reach 0 or close to that.
Ok cool, thanks
__________________
RyanBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
RyanBenson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 627
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1565839997.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	164102

This is the high range ph test.
Do I need to hold the test tube right against the paper or a little bit away from it, this photo is right up against it.
__________________
RyanBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBenson View Post
Attachment 164102

This is the high range ph test.
Do I need to hold the test tube right against the paper or a little bit away from it, this photo is right up against it.
Keep it on a white background. Also, the pH is fine as long as you keep it stable. Just don't use anything to make it drop.
__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
spiketooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Okinawa Japan
Posts: 950
Check your tap water ph, see if your tap water that high or something in your tank increasing it
__________________
spiketooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:22 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
RyanBenson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiketooth View Post
Check your tap water ph, see if your tap water that high or something in your tank increasing it
Ok! Will do! I've already drained 30% of my water. Is it ok for me to go ahead and put the new water in yet?
__________________
RyanBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBenson View Post
Ok! Will do! I've already drained 30% of my water. Is it ok for me to go ahead and put the new water in yet?
I would change at least 50% if I were you.
__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
RyanBenson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishanatic View Post
Keep it on a white background. Also, the pH is fine as long as you keep it stable. Just don't use anything to make it drop.
Ok, all I have this conditioner I add to my water.




Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3938239420.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	164104
__________________
RyanBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBenson View Post
Ok, all I have this conditioner I add to my water.




Attachment 164104
You can use it for the process of cycling. Remember, this just detoxifies, it doesn't remove
__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
RyanBenson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 627
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2702647276.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	164105


This is my tap water ph, it's on the white back ground in between the two levels
__________________
RyanBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
RyanBenson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishanatic View Post
You can use it for the process of cycling. Remember, this just detoxifies, it doesn't remove
Alright good!
__________________
RyanBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBenson View Post
Attachment 164105


This is my tap water ph, it's on the white back ground in between the two levels
It looks good
__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
RyanBenson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishanatic View Post
It looks good
Alright sweet!
__________________
RyanBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBenson View Post
Alright sweet!
Test the tap water at least once a month, to make sure it doesn't go up and down
__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
RyanBenson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishanatic View Post
Test the tap water at least once a month, to make sure it doesn't go up and down
Ok! what if It does??
__________________

__________________
RyanBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
test

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×