Water test diary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a fish-in cycle, your nitrite is way too high. Nitrite is just as lethal as ammonia, if not more so depending on your ph. You need to start doing water changes to drop this level down to .25ppm or lower. A good water conditioner such as Prime or Amquel Plus will help limit the toxicity of ammonia & nitrite in between frequent water changes. Please read the link below for more infos.

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice

Atleast one 50%wc, wait 1/2hr and retest your levels. You want to drop your nitrites down to .25 or lower, so this may take more than one 50% wc. Just make sure you temperature match and properly condition all new water.

Correct! Any type of water conditioner/dechlorinator will work for water changes but as I mentioned, Prime or Amquel Plus will really help limit the effects of toxins while your fish-in cycling. :)

Bottled bacteria products are hit or miss at best. The only products I have ever seen have any positive results are Tetra Safe Start & Dr Tims One & Only. If you want to add it, your welcome to give it a try but I have only seen a cloudy tank result from the Nutrafin product. :)

Back
Top Bottom