Water Yellowish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JesseMessykinn

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I came home today to see my tank was minor yellowish Tint to it, with a light swampy smell to it?

Any Ideas?

Didnt Test, but Did a 2/3 Water Change. Going to do another 1/3-1/2 Change Late tomarrow. Then Will test later in the Night.

I Changed my Carbon filter out a week ago if that, but I took out the carbon. I have 2 pieces of Dw ones likr 4 years old, and the other if New. I Though it might be the wood, and some decaying plants. If was a very light cloudly yellowish. Honestly it kinda looked like someone took a little pee in my tank, or pour lemonaid mix in it.

Hi i hate to say it but the fish probably did hence the colour of the water:fish2: The carbon should remove it(y) It could also be the wood leeching tannins into the water?

JesseMessykinn said:
I Changed my Carbon filter out a week ago if that, but I took out the carbon. I have 2 pieces of Dw ones likr 4 years old, and the other if New. I Though it might be the wood, and some decaying plants. If was a very light cloudly yellowish. Honestly it kinda looked like someone took a little pee in my tank, or pour lemonaid mix in it.

Yep it's the wood. You might not have seen it until you removed the carbon but it's just tannins. They are harmless to your fish and can be removed by PWC.

Back
Top Bottom