Waterfall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tipton34

Aquarium Advice Freak
I will be building a 70 gallon and 100 gallon. I will have them overlapping so that there will be a waterfall from the 70 into the 100. Will a canister filter work? The intake will be in the bottom tank and the output will be in the top tank. This would work right?

Tipton34 said:
I will be building a 70 gallon and 100 gallon. I will have them overlapping so that there will be a waterfall from the 70 into the 100. Will a canister filter work? The intake will be in the bottom tank and the output will be in the top tank. This would work right?

That would work, however I would recommend just using a sump instead. You could have a 3rd water fall going to a box with a hose connected, and then to a sump. You could have all the filtration you want in it. Then, you could have a return pump from the sump that goes back to the top tank in a waterfall or not.

Ya but I don't want to mess with a sump. Too big of a pain

Tipton34 said:
Ya but I don't want to mess with a sump. Too big of a pain

It will also be a pain getting those waterfall spouts just right. You'll have to experiment for a while.

Well I built it where one side of the top tank is shorter so the water will run over. Its kind of like a giant over flow system

Back
Top Bottom