We have an LFS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alshain

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Its a momentous occasion today, I just found out we have an Local Fish Store open for business in Tyler TX!!! In other news, hell froze over today.

Serisously, we were eating across the street from a shopping center and on the way out I looked over and saw a store called "Exotic Fish", of course I had to check it out. Its not finished, only about 1/4 of the floor space is open to the public, the rest is roped off. But in that small space is at least 50 tanks, about 25 of which have fish in them.

Anyway, I just had to share, finally something other than Petland and Petsmart!

EDIT: Oh, and they have Bristlenoses, Petland told me I would never find those in East Texas.

Alshain said:
Its a momentous occasion today, I just found out we have an Local Fish Store open for business in Tyler TX!!! In other news, hell froze over today.

Serisously, we were eating across the street from a shopping center and on the way out I looked over and saw a store called "Exotic Fish", of course I had to check it out. Its not finished, only about 1/4 of the floor space is open to the public, the rest is roped off. But in that small space is at least 50 tanks, about 25 of which have fish in them.

Anyway, I just had to share, finally something other than Petland and Petsmart!

EDIT: Oh, and they have Bristlenoses, Petland told me I would never find those in East Texas.

Congrats! After doing some searching around I found that I have a few LFS in my area. It's a further drive than Petsmart, but has an awesome selection of equipment and FW/SW fish. Terrible fish warranty though... 24 hours...

SPARTAN VI said:
Congrats! After doing some searching around I found that I have a few LFS in my area. It's a further drive than Petsmart, but has an awesome selection of equipment and FW/SW fish. Terrible fish warranty though... 24 hours...

I thought one of my LFS(pretty good place, privately owned) had a bad warranty-5 days. 24 hours is pathetic.

Congrats on the new LFS, no get your application in there so there is someone there that knows what they are doing, lol.

black hills tj said:
SPARTAN VI said:

I thought one of my LFS(pretty good place, privately owned) had a bad warranty-5 days. 24 hours is pathetic.

Yeah, they're almost begging me to go to Petsmart/Petsco... :?

fish_4_all said:
Congrats on the new LFS, no get your application in there so there is someone there that knows what they are doing, lol.

Lol, that would be tempting... but right now I have a nice cushy job in the natural gas industry. I'm not really a retail kind of guy anyway.

That store is a far drive from the coast for me. Let me know how it is and maybe if tanks are cheap, I will make the drive.

Cool. There are several small fish stores here locally, but most of them are crap. One of them is really good but they're totally obsessed with PH. Everytime I or anyone else bring in a water sample they try to sell crap to lower the PH to 7.0 because anything else kills fish. I've been keeping fish with great sucess in the 8.5 that we get from the tap with no problems. Anyway, one place is a local store but always has sickly looking fish and employees who don't have a clue.

Alshain said:
but right now I have a nice cushy job in the natural gas industry.

Sitting around breaking wind isn't a job.... :mrgreen:

Anyway, I would love to see a big LFS round here, I think there is one nearby, but my sense of direction is terrible so finding it would take some time!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom