weather getting hot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokey11

Aquarium Advice Regular
As summer arrives the average temperature of where I live is 30C (86F). When im home obviously I turn on the AC but when im out the temperature of the tank easily reaches 28c (83f) which is too hot for my shrimps (I have tetras n plants too).

Without leaving my AC on 24/7. What can I do to maintain a cooler tanks temperature? Would blowing a fan at it help?

Hope someone answers this. It gets in the 90's to 100 here and I don't turn my air conditioning on until it gets that hot because I am outside a lot and don't want to get used to the ac. Then I still keep it in the 80's so I don't get to cool and not want to go outside.

I have seen chillers for tanks but they are expensive. For a small tank I don't think it would be worth it.

Hope someone answers this. It gets in the 90's to 100 here and I don't turn my air conditioning on until it gets that hot because I am outside a lot and don't want to get used to the ac. Then I still keep it in the 80's so I don't get to cool and not want to go outside.

I have seen chillers for tanks but they are expensive. For a small tank I don't think it would be worth it.

What about putting some ice in a bottle do the lid up and dunk it in the tank that will work well. Or fill a bottle with water freeze it then chuck it in the tank???

hope someone has good advice. I have an axolotl tank and we are supposed to have close to 90 by the weekend. I have frozen water bottles on hand and two fans for the top. Hoping that will keep it cold enough for them! I've been checking around locally for a cheaper used chiller hoping I find one soon

Get little clip on fans and run them. Home made chiller. Just have them so they fan the top of the water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom