Web like substance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shakeel_may03

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
f2d922db13e895f8affedc4ae87da672.jpg

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Seems between white and wood color. It does move due to water flow but stays under same rocks..

May be. I've no idea what exactly is this..

it's a bacterial slime. just siphon it out.
Do you have driftwood in there? I have seen it a few times growing on/around driftwood.
It isn't really hurting anything, but it isn't helping either.

Yes I got Azalia driftwood that's floating on top. Wood is nowhere around rocks..

Yes I got Azalia driftwood that's floating on top. Wood is nowhere around rocks..

that is still the most likely source.
you have two options;
allow it to just run it's course and eventually it will stop getting whatever from the wood and die off
or
you could try soaking/boiling the driftwood to cure it more and see if that helps.

yes, that is still the most likely source.
The mass probably started growing on the wood and broke off. It can grow rather fast.

so you can allow it to continue, siphoning it out and it will eventually die off
or
you could take the driftwood and soak and boil it to clean/cure it more.

did you soak/boil the wood before using it?
you always should, even store bought stuff.

Wood was bought from store so I didn't soak. If it's harmless and have no effect on cycling, I'll siphon it later as it's still growing.

Back
Top Bottom