websites for buying aquarium accessories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nurseashley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need to buy a new hood and lighting for my 55 gallon and a new filter. I know I wan't a canister filter but not sure which brand would be best so from your experiences what has work best for you? And what online websites have the best prices and the best customer service? I am kind of afraid to order online if Im not sure of the websites credibility so id like to know what websites any of yall use on a regular basis to buy accessories. I know that online will be much cheaper than petco or petsmart.
Thanks! :B-fly:

hmm.. i can't seem to find a hood on either one of those websites. Is there anywhere I can buy a hood for a 55 gallon? they are so expensive in the store it would almost seem to benefit me more just to buy a whole new tank and set up.

if all you need is the glass you can go to a local glass shop and get them cut. should save a lot of time and money.

if all you need is the glass you can go to a local glass shop and get them cut. should save a lot of time and money.

yeah but it won't have the hinged lid and stuff. plus the one i referenced is only $39.99. Thats about the price it would cost me to pay for glass and get someone to cut it for me and to cut the holes in it needed for filtration.

yeah but it won't have the hinged lid and stuff. plus the one i referenced is only $39.99. Thats about the price it would cost me to pay for glass and get someone to cut it for me and to cut the holes in it needed for filtration.

Did you end up buying the hood online? I have the same size aquarium and wanted to replace the glass tops, as well. Thanks!

Did you end up buying the hood online? I have the same size aquarium and wanted to replace the glass tops, as well. Thanks!

I haven't bought anything yet, right im just shopping around and in the planning phase, trying to get the best prices. I am on maternity leave right now and my husband starts a new job Monday so im gonna wait till I go back to work next month to actually buy the stuff when i have a little extra money.

Back
Top Bottom