Weird behavior?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddiienno

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay so I have a strange question. Whenever I turn my light on in my aquarium, the fish go to the bottom don't move much and hide but as soon as I turn it off they swim like everything is normal. Any ideas why?

Okay so I have a strange question. Whenever I turn my light on in my aquarium, the fish go to the bottom don't move much and hide but as soon as I turn it off they swim like everything is normal. Any ideas why?

What kind of fish are they? How long have you owned them?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 2 firemouths and 5 black skirt tetras I have had them for about a year and I recently got a new lid. I'm thinking he light is too bright for them and it scares them when on but I just wanted to make sure my logical thinking was right and i didn't have a bigger issue on hand

They just need to adjust but I would watch them just in case. I haven't had any experience with firemouth's but I do with blackskirt's and they are jumpy anyway. Also make sure they have enough hiding spots of course .

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also experience with the black skirts, unfortunately as much as we love seeing them swim with the light on they prefer darkness and after a bit of study into it I found light affects them badly anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I also experience with the black skirts, unfortunately as much as we love seeing them swim with the light on they prefer darkness and after a bit of study into it I found light affects them badly anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Can you send me a link if you wrote on this study?

Back
Top Bottom