Weird boil on fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah weird. No I don't at the moment. It seems to be growing.

does it look like cauliflower? i ask because 2 of my fish developed this. it's not contagious and there is no treatment for it. both my fish lived for about 6 months from the first sign of the tumor. here's a link. might help you to identify.
Tropical Fish Disease Identification with pictures and cures.

look up lymphocystis. the proper name for cauliflower disease. i think that's what you have. remember NEVER treat a tank with chemicals until you know What you're treating. good luck. :)

Thank you jpchin. That was most useful. I think it is a random cyst. I had one on one of my Texas cichlids once and it just cleared up.

If that fish was mine I would take her out of the tank, place her on a wet towel and remove that cauliflower with tweezers, then dab it with mercurochrome. But I'm adventurous like that...

Edit: I just realized mercurochrome is hard to come by. Try hydrogen peroxide.

David

DavidAl said:
If that fish was mine I would take her out of the tank, place her on a wet towel and remove that cauliflower with tweezers, then dab it with mercurochrome. But I'm adventurous like that...

Edit: I just realized mercurochrome is hard to come by. Try hydrogen peroxide.

David

Yeah I was just thinking of removing it. I'm going to do that.

Btw this thing just disappeared on its own. I have had a couple small discus die though. My tanks does seem to have a nitrate spike which I need to fix. I have jut been adding more plants but I don't think that's going to totally solve it of course. The tank would be perfect if not for this.

Back
Top Bottom