weird dots on tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yuchen375

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone.
First of all, sorry i do not have a picture but i will try to describe it as best as i can

literally there are little white dots on my tank glass. its only about 1MM big. it has spread onto my driftwood as well. I do not understand what they are. it dont seem like they are live.

Please help!

THANK YALL:)

Hello everyone.
First of all, sorry i do not have a picture but i will try to describe it as best as i can

literally there are little white dots on my tank glass. its only about 1MM big. it has spread onto my driftwood as well. I do not understand what they are. it dont seem like they are live.

Please help!

THANK YALL:)

Sorry, but without a photo it's sort of impossible to say what it could be. "Little white dots" describes a lot of things, lol. Can you find a way to get a photo? It would also be helpful to know the details of your tank.

If they move, freshwater limpets

baby-snail.png

They are a nightmare and really all you can do to fix them is bleach the tank and start over. Personally, I just ignored them and the population comes and goes. I came close to the bleaching though.

If they don't move, then maybe nerite eggs although I've never had them lay eggs on glass before.

Neale%20bog%20eggs.jpg

If they move, freshwater limpets

They are a nightmare and really all you can do to fix them is bleach the tank and start over. Personally, I just ignored them and the population comes and goes. I came close to the bleaching though.

If they don't move, then maybe nerite eggs although I've never had them lay eggs on glass before.

Very few parts of a tank where my nerites haven't laid eggs :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom