weird/funny cory behavior, in a good way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jestes

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've kept aquariums off an on for probably 12 years or so, but I've never seen a cory act like one of mine is acting. One of them has figured out that suction from the intake tube on the filter is his friend. I feed the cories betta bites because they love them, and the other eaters in the tank never have enough leftovers for the cories. Well, as the bites sink, a few get stuck to the grids on the filter pickup. This one cory has figured out the suction will hold him onto the grids while he munches on a few leftover betta bites. As soon as they're gone, he swims off.... Anybody else have a smart cory? ;)

Not a cory but I have a smart Columbian shark that sticks his face through the aquarium's filter cutout when I drop food there. He is the oldest/biggest in the tank. He just opens his mouth and kind of hangs in that area with his mouth/face popping in and out water while I drop the food in. And he will stay there until I walk away. Then he just goes down to the bottom and starts munching with the other 2 sharks on what ever food he missed.

I think my albino cories are racist lol They will only swim next to each other. I go in and they are always sitting right next to each other. They dont really interact with the bronze or spotted cories in the tank. Mostly just keep to themselves. One of them does not like the white skirt tetras I put in there from my 10G though lol he chases them around the tank.

My albino cories acted the same. They only hung out with each other, the pepper do the same and my solo emerald was the loner. Two days ago my biggest albino died for unknown reasons and now my albino has accepted the company of the emerald, but prefers my Angelicus loach, although the loach would rather he leave him alone most of the time lol

I think my neon tetras are pretty smart. When I'm about to feed them, they all swim up to the top of the tank. It is hilarious.

I have one albino cory who always sleeps straight up and down, head first in the bunch of java moss growing in the corner. The other guy lays on his side in the middle of the tank floor. I've had plenty of, "Oh my god, they're dying!" episodes, but they are always completely fine. Just weird.

Cories are great fun! I had a community tank back in the day, with an albino cory and a rainbow shark. The shark would harass everybody in the tank, but the cory never seemed to care a whit for his bangarang, always just going about his business.

Totally off the post but I have a female betta that will literally take hold of the frozen brine shrimp block and I can drag her around the tank she won't stop until I let go. It's hilarious

All of the fish in my tank love to try each others food! It's hilarious to watch the cories eat both flakes, pellets, and wafers and even more funny to watch the tetras feast on the wafers! Even the rainbow shark feasts on the flakes once they hit mid-tank!

Back
Top Bottom