Weird water in african tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
My brothers African cichlid tank looks really good and clear but if you get real close to it you can see millions of particles and it looks dirty. It's only been established for about 3 or 4 weeks. Here's a pic of the tank up close and then at a distance. What is this? (Running to AC 50's, 30 gal tank)

Attachments

• image-2251714055.jpg
    image-2251714055.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 88
  • image-3452369035.jpg
    image-3452369035.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 119
What filter media are you using? Does the tank have a bubbler near the filter intake? Have you recently added new rocks?

Using two aquaclear 50's. no bubblers. And yes we did add new rocks about a week or so ago.

We got purigen in place of the carbon in the filters

Sorry I can't really help, but I have to say, your tank looks awesome :) I was wondering... What kind of rocks are you using? I'm starting a rocky cichlid tank, and I'm not sure what kind of rock to use yet.

Sometime rocks will bubble, if they weren't previously soaked. But a week should be enough time to have those go away. You should take apart you filters, give them a good rinse, in a bucket of tank water, and see if that helps. The problem could be too much filter media in the filter basket.

Ok thanks

And those rocks are flat and round river and creek rocks. Got them at a landscaping place called Jim stone. We got more rocks than that for $14. Way cheaper than a lfs. The people there must get aquarist often because they said what kind of tank you doing cichlids? They already knew lol
But thanks. It's my bros tank I got it for him for his birthday. He bought the fish and stuff

Ok thanks

And those rocks are flat and round river and creek rocks. Got them at a landscaping place called Jim stone. We got more rocks than that for $14. Way cheaper than a lfs. The people there must get aquarist often because they said what kind of tank you doing cichlids? They already knew lol
But thanks. It's my bros tank I got it for him for his birthday. He bought the fish and stuff

14 dollars? That's awesome! My dad has a little pile of rocks in his tank that cost 30! Ill have to see if I can go to a landscaping place and look for some there ;)

Back
Top Bottom