Weird white wormlike creatures found it tank please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tsukiko-pyon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i looked at my tank and found all this white stuff splattered on the front glass. When i looked closer I found that they were moving. I have no idea what they are and are scared that they are parasites. They are difference sizes, some are extremely small while other are a little larger. My tank is a 20 gallon tank. I have 6 fish in it. On the behalf of my fish I would like to thank you in advance. If you need any other info please don't hesitate to ask.

sorry for the late response(was sick for a week) I looked at planaria and they look very similar, perhaps smaller? I've been scraping them off with a sponge, but there always seems to be a few left. Any ideas how to kill them?

I have tried to cut back on food(so sad they look so hungry). I have been doing water changes every week using the gravel vacuum. I can't say it's the most effective way of cleaning though. I can't get every place because by the time Im done one side I have taken out 10% of the water.

only 10%? i do 50% pwc's on all my tanks at least once a week.. sometimes twice if i wanna change stuff around. just vac all you can until you get to the half way mark, then wait until the next day and do again until the entire bottom is done... repeat a few times. that should clear it up. they're only there because you have an excess of food

Thanks for the help. I'll try that and see if they go away. I owe you big time.

Back
Top Bottom