Weirdest thing just happened!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I came home from work and went to feed my 5 male and 2 female fish and saw that two of my males were in the same separator!!! One of them must have jumped in but neither have ANY fin damage whatsoever! They're just swimming around the separator :S
Is this even possible?!!?

Truth is we don't know what our fish do while we are out. I suspect ours of partying with that cat! But jumping fish is. Completely possible. Is there enough room above the divider for him to fit? Than that's what happened.

So I came home from work and went to feed my 5 male and 2 female fish and saw that two of my males were in the same separator!!! One of them must have jumped in but neither have ANY fin damage whatsoever! They're just swimming around the separator :S
Is this even possible?!!?

Are they clear dividers? Maybe they spent such a long time looking at each other that they are used to each other and get along! :lol:

Either that or they still think that there is a divider between them.

Bettas are known to be jumpers, I had mine jump on to the counter once (he survived).

redsea said:
Are they clear dividers? Maybe they spent such a long time looking at each other that they are used to each other and get along! :lol:

Either that or they still think that there is a divider between them.

Bettas are known to be jumpers, I had mine jump on to the counter once (he survived).

Haha yeah he is a known jumper but they are the most aggressive fish and they were just circling the tank... They've been together for a while but ALWAYS flare...
I left him in there just to see and they get close and touch eachother but just pay no attention :S

skiweeangel said:
Truth is we don't know what our fish do while we are out. I suspect ours of partying with that cat! But jumping fish is. Completely possible. Is there enough room above the divider for him to fit? Than that's what happened.

See. He is a know jumper but there is atleast 1.5" over it :S
I know what you mean haha after I watched toy story I left a tape recording in my room to try to hear something hahaha

I once had a female and male betta that insisted on being together. All the rules dictate that you keep the sexes separate except for spawning but Jack and Rose just wanted to be sharing the same space.

Sometimes I think we forget to treat our fish as individuals..... :flowers:

Keeping the sexes separate isn't necessary in most cases. I've kept a male betta with three females in a 29g community with no problems.

So its totally normal for a betta to splash around a bit? Lol my betta every once in a while darts across the tank and does like a dolphin move across the surface haha.
I dunno if he just gets a kick out of it, or what. I was worried if he was stressed or something, but everything is normal about his environment... tank is clean, temp is good, he's not starving(although he would beg to differ!), or over-fed, .... ect....
He's very active and inquisitive, too. So I think he's just silly...? Lol

Back
Top Bottom