Well, it's been a while. Here's Flame............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is one beautiful eel! You might be able to make a neat cave for him up front with one end open to the glass. It could still be quite dark for him, it worked for my frogs who hid forever in the back caves until I made this little cave in the front right hand corner, now one of them is in there almost all of the time. It is very shady in there. :)

Only thing, my eel prefers pitch black, lol. There's many caves in the tank, and a hollow log, but it's not dark enough.

Have you considered PVC pipe with gradual corners at both ends, If it was long enough it should be pretty dark in the middle of the pipe. Just a thought.

That's what I was looking at getting this weekend. May go to Lowe's here shortly. Either that, or the black plastic rain gutters, with 90 degree turns on the ends, then have it upside-down and push the lips down into the Pool Filter Sand. That way it's not a hollow tube.

Another idea I had was cutting a small hole in the gutter as well, and put a 90 degree angle for a powerhead, and place a Rio 180 on it to give some current through the whole cave system.

I was thinking more on the line of a couple of 45s on each end to make it easier for him to get in and out, but if he can make the 90 easy enough it would take less room.

He looks really cool!

Have future plans for him when he's 30+ inches? I'd love to have one but it would outgrow any of my future plans within a couple years.

If I go with the rain gutter I'm thinking about, it's about 4 or 5 inches wide. He'll have plenty of room to get around corners. Even though they are 90's, it's not a true 90, and has lot's of room.

As for the future, looking at a 300G wide.

My complements wolf. That eel is is really a sweet looking fish. Ya know you should make a sign on your tank saying beware of eel!

Back
Top Bottom