Well Water??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reiner

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm looking into renting a house closer to where I work and it just occurred to me tonight that it has well water. The owner even said he would suggest washing white clothes somewhere else because it's slightly yellow colored... I was willing to put up with it to cut my drive from 1 hour to 10 mins but now I'm rethinking because I don't know what I would do about PWC.. Does anyone have any experience with this issue or know where/ how I could get enough filtered water for my tanks??

I change 9 tanks from 5g. to 180g 50% per week on well water with zero issues. Heck I dont even have to use Prime since my water contains no chlorine and harmful metals. We do soften our salt and the ph stays at 7.6. There's alot of us here who use well water with great sucess. If it concerns you take a sample to your local township to get the results.

My municipality uses 50% well and 50% lake/reclaimed water. It's a tad on the hard side but no issues. I'd take it for an analysis...if it's just discoloration it shouldn't be a problem. If you're really worried get a water barrel and start making RO or RODI water.

Thanks for the help!! I'll definitely get it tested just to make sure before I move, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom