WELL WATER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPN2639

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I HAVE HAD MY NEW 10 GAL FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS NOW. LOVE IT. HAVE 4 GOURAMIS, 5 ZEBRA DANIOS, 1 MOLLY, AND AN ALGEA EATER.

DOES WELL WATER HAVE ADVANTAGES/DISADVANTAGES???? CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU ADD TO THE WELL WATER, IF ANYTHING.

I LOVE THE GOURAMIS!!!!!!
I HAVE 2 RED ONES
ONE DWARF AND ONE OPALINE.

:lol:

Ok, first off, please stop shouting (typing in all caps).

Well water needs to be tested, just like any other water. Test for ph, and hardness at the least. then you can go from theere.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showquestion.php?faq=2&fldAuto=21

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showquestion.php?faq=2&fldAuto=7

Please read these two article, VERY important for new folks to understand.

LOVE IT. HAVE 4 GOURAMIS, 5 ZEBRA DANIOS, 1 MOLLY, AND AN ALGEA EATER.

Thats a LOT, prolly too much for a 10 gallon, and you are in the midst of your cycle, (read articles above)

You must do tests and water changes to keep from losing your new fish!

Please read those and come back with questions, we love to help where we can. Also, getting a book or two for beginning aquarists would be a very good idea.

Sorry for yelling with the CAPS. lol.

well i know i am at my limit for the fishies. 10 inches.
i added some fresh water today since some had evaporated.

so far so good.

thanks. :lol:

Actually, the "inches per gallon" theory is somewhat flawed. It really depends on what kind of fish you have. Eg...1" of oscar is not equal to 1" of neon. Also, are you sure your fish are fully grown? Quite often, especially with FW fish, the ones you get at the store are juveniles and will get quite a bit larger. Some gouramis get about 3-4" when grown. Have you tested the water for ammonia? Or nitrite? I hate to sound like the doomsayer, but I think you may have problems with this tank considering the high bio-load and the amount of time the tank has been running. I'd read the articles suggested by corvuscorax to start with and, then if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them.
Logan J

corvuscorax

see where I type in the apology up above for typing in ALL CAPS...after you replied to my post???????? so there was really no need for this dispute. i would appreciate help with my tank. and i promise i wont shout. i am having severe problems.

sincerely
nurse lady (as you so called me)
8)

nurse lady (as you so called me)

Well, we good now!

Corvuscorax is the latin name for the common Raven, so you can call me "dirtybird" if you like!

dirty bird and naughty nurse.....best of fish -friends..haha
thanks to a few CAPS! lol

LPN

Back
Top Bottom