Went to LFS today, they had Electric Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wait a minute, did Grattu say what type of cichlids are already in the tank? If not, what type are in the tank already? That is super important to clarify as there are other types of cichlids around (yes I mean the African type).

Also, Coralbandit, nice work. You have dream fish.:brows:

Nice save !
Rams need to be #1 IMO. They are not tough cichlids like so many think but more pansies IMO.
With other aggressive or larger fish they would not do well IMO.

Thanks schpanky..

Cool story about Oscar's.
My mom had one in her earlier years. When she met my dad he started coming around the Oscar and the Oscar would hit the glass so hard that my mom had to eventually give him away. He hated my dad and was jealous of him for stealing my mom away from him.

They're amazing fish and if you want a "dog" like fish I wouldn't get anything else than an Oscar.

I have red parrots, convicts, albino Cory catfish and a pleco

Those are just expensive fish food options for a mature Oscar to choose from. They're better off alone but imo they need attention from their owners

Could anyone else chime in to help Grattu? Is a Ram is a good match in a tank with a convict?

I don't believe it's a safe mix as Convicts can get big and aggressive and Rams stay small and territorial. Hmmm....a little help?

Could anyone else chime in to help Grattu? Is a Ram is a good match in a tank with a convict?

I don't believe it's a safe mix as Convicts can get big and aggressive and Rams stay small and territorial. Hmmm....a little help?

No, it's a horrible mix, when would putting sensitive dwarf cichlids with convicts be a good idea??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No rams in that tank...
The parrots must be getting whipped by the cons?
Not a good mix ,but then again IMO nothing goes with convicts ,except hundreds of more convicts.

If you shove enough of them in a massive tank they usually chill out. LFS had a 325 gallon tank and there were chiclids than one could count

Yeah "convicts" are definitely not named that by accident. They belong isolated away from the general public. Mean little devils in my experience.

Really? I've had them for about a year now in my 60 gallon with the parrots and I've never had a problem. They haven't really gotten any bigger than when I first bought them. The Parrots have gotten significantly bigger, but the convicts have stayed roughly the same size.

On top of that, they're the least aggressive cichlids I've had.

Really? I've had them for about a year now in my 60 gallon with the parrots and I've never had a problem. They haven't really gotten any bigger than when I first bought them. The Parrots have gotten significantly bigger, but the convicts have stayed roughly the same size.

On top of that, they're the least aggressive cichlids I've had.

I've never personally kept them but my buddy had a mixed SA Cichlid tank a while back with juvenile Oscar, Jack Dempsey, and a few young black convicts and they constantly harassed the other fish. Reminded me of fairly aggressive African cichlids, very territorial with a lot of chasing and fin nipping.

Sooooo everyone has impulse buys right?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1748092441.jpg
    Snapchat-1748092441.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 63
You put it in the big tank? Yes... though.. impulse buys still happen in my world..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom