What are good fish that can live with a common pleco Cold Water or Tropical fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish101

Aquarium Advice Regular
Please give both of which fish are better in cold water and tropical. Give 6 of each tropical and cold water if there is any for cold water.

Please give both of which fish are better in cold water and tropical. Give 6 of each tropical and cold water if there is any for cold water.

I don't understand your question.... There's nothing that can live in coldwater with a common pleco. As a common pleco isn't cold water. There's many fish that can live with common plecos. Almost every fish can

Ok thanks can you name at least 10 tropical fish that can live with common plecos. Also I am upgradint to a 20 gallon tank so yea

Ok but can you please name at least 10 great tropical fish that can lie with plecos thanks. and it is only 3 inchs long so not yet.

Ok but can you please name at least 10 great tropical fish that can lie with plecos thanks. and it is only 3 inchs long so not yet.

Well it depends on what you like. There's so many different freshwater fish. And pretty much every fish can live with one. That's leaves you thousands of possibilities.

Thank you so pretty much any tropical fish. And thanks again. I mean I know my fish facts but just to be on the safe side you know what I mean. I had a cichlid that killed all my fish but the only real survivor was the pleco. He is awesome and there shapes. Thanks even though I just joined today I think this will be my go to area for any help about fish I don't know about. You made me feel welcomed

Welcome to the site. :)
I am sorry to have to say this, but a 20g tank is unfortunately not a suitable home for a common pleco. This fish can reach close to 2 feet. It will not stay 3 inches for long, and it would be better for the fish to be in a much bigger tank.
As for fish that can go in a 20g tank, there are hundreds. I actually suggest you try going to your local fish or pet store and looking at what they have in stock. Write down the names of fish you think are cool, and then research them at home.
For a few ideas, some random tropical fish that will be ok in a 20g tank include neons, black neons, scissor-tail rasboras, harlequin rasboras, Pristella tetras, serpae tetras, black phantom tetras, Bolivian rams, clown pleco, bristlenose pleco, dwarf gourami, and panda cories.

I have neon tetras, red-eye tetras, buenos aires tetras, and mollies with my pleco and none of them mess with the pleco. If anything, they scatter when he swims around since he's over twice the size of the next biggest fish.

My buenos aires tetras are bullies though, I wouldn't recommend them.

Thank you so pretty much any tropical fish. And thanks again. I mean I know my fish facts but just to be on the safe side you know what I mean. I had a cichlid that killed all my fish but the only real survivor was the pleco. He is awesome and there shapes. Thanks even though I just joined today I think this will be my go to area for any help about fish I don't know about. You made me feel welcomed

If your upgrading to a 20g, what size tank is the common pleco and cichlid in right now? What type of cichlid?

Back
Top Bottom