what are some colorful fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoatcheesePizza

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon freshwater tank and its been set up for a while and fish are doing fine and i think its time to ad some new ones. Problem is that my tank is kind of umm.... boring. lol at least hen it comes to colors... i have natural gravel, green plants, and yellowish brown tiki mask. so im looking for some very colorful freshwater fish that will fit in a ten gallon comfortably... anyone know of any?

thanks! :D

Its a community tank btw.

What else is in the tank? There are many killies that can work, neon or ember tetras, harlequin rasboras, celestial pearl danios, bettas, dwarf gouramis, endler's livebearers, and guppies too.

"In My Opinion" -- general Internet speak, not specific to fish. :)

What else is in the tank? There are many killies that can work, neon or ember tetras, harlequin rasboras, celestial pearl danios, bettas, dwarf gouramis, endler's livebearers, and guppies too.

Yeah, what he said! The dwarf blue gourami really has red and blue stripes - really nice two colors for the price of one. Good luck.

What type of cory? Only dwarfs would be good in a 10 gallon. Get rid of the Molly too because they can get big! I would agree to everything bruinsbro said and joebob said as well. Those would all make fantastic colorful fish! Endlers would be awesome too!

I would second Bruins' thought about the Celestial Pearl Danios. Beautiful little fish, perfect for 10G, but it sounds like unless you are planning to do some rehoming you have some issues that you may need to think about first with what's already in there.
I too am guilty of only having one Cory in my 10g, and although he is healthy and active, I know it's not how he would prefer to be, and would much rather have some friends.
As for the balloon Molly, it's probably fine for now if it's a baby, but I'm seconding Bruinsbro on this one too. They really need a tank of at least 29g.
Maybe time for an upgrade? :D

Back
Top Bottom