what are the benefits of having more filtration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have an aqua clear 30 power filter on my ten gallon. It is three stages, and has a flow rate of 150 gallons per hour. I was just wondering if there where any benefits to having more filtration. I am thinking of upgrading the filter (again) to some thing with a higher flow rate and more bio media. I was thinking maybe the fluval c4... Also my ten gallon's hood has a little whole in the back cut out for one smaller filter, and the aqua clear thirty tilt PERFECTLY. But if I get a better filter I need to cut out some of the plastic to make room for a bigger filter...

Its good if you have fish that produce a lot of waste. Some fish also need high water flow. If your fish fits either one of these descriptions, then its ok.

Be careful because some fish don't do well in high water flow tanks!

I only have one plant in there. But it is technically two, because it split into two. What about a five gallon? What is a good flow rate for that? Also not planted (at the moment. I may decide to plant it later).

maxwellag said:
I only have one plant in there. But it is technically two, because it split into two. What about a five gallon? What is a good flow rate for that? Also not planted (at the moment. I may decide to plant it later).

AquaClear 10 is an excellent filter that I must recommend, they are superb, all filters by AquaClear. My year old one still work like it did out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom