What are the best, lower price, filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok well I have about decided all the cheap HOB filters that you get in the kits from walmart suck, like...really bad, and I am tired of their low performence, even though I have never owned any other type, except for a bio-weel, on my eclips, dont care for it...so what is a good filter that doest cost like $50 for a 20 long??? I am looking at the aquaclear 50, can get it online for $20 (here the aquaclear 20 is $22...)

I agree with Aqua Clears. Very nice filter. Only thing that I've found is that it needs cleaned once a month. Just use a Q-Tip is all that needs to be done.

If you have a Petsmart near you, print the online price out and use it in store. You'll get the filter for the online price (hopefully). It works for a lot of people. I've done it many times.

Burks said:
I agree with Aqua Clears. Very nice filter. Only thing that I've found is that it needs cleaned once a month. Just use a Q-Tip is all that needs to be done.

If you have a Petsmart near you, print the online price out and use it in store. You'll get the filter for the online price (hopefully). It works for a lot of people. I've done it many times.

you mean print this out (I want to get the 200/50 its $19.00 their and $35 in the store)
http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...&In=Fish&previousText=filter&N=2023693#detail

I also like aquaclear, but you have to clean it regularly or the impeller gets stuck, and it is not self priming, so keep a little cup nearby.

Yeah. Just select the size you want and then print out the page. They may put up a stink about it but they'll probably accept it. Saves you $15 for a couple cents worth of printing.

you mean print this out (I want to get the 200/50 its $19.00 their and $35 in the store)

Yep, it's that easy.

I just did it with an xp2. I didn't believe it was that easy either. Just print it out, go pick your filter up off of the shelf, go to the checkout and say "I understand that you will honor the price you offer on the web" You will then have to show them the form that you printed. They may frown but that just makes it all worth it.

It's that easy and you get it now instead of waiting for the ups guy :)

awesome! if its this easey I will just upgrade all my filters YES! (all those wimpy ones that come in the kits!)
Thanks all!

AC is a great brand but honestly if you want real cheap you can buy those cheap whisper filters and then stuff them full of the AC filter material(size should be the same the only real difference is your filter will be all black and won't have a media basket(everything fits snug though)

I like my Tetra Whisper filters. I found a box of 12 replacement filters on Amazon for 10 bucks or so. That should last you a good year.

Back
Top Bottom