What are the most colorful top dwelling fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about golden wonder kilis? They're really colorful and active. My only concern would be that they might not get along with the betta.

Thank you :) I looked them up and they are pretty neat fish. But, unfortunately, I believe when fully grown they will make a meal out of my female betta. Just read that others had experienced such a thing happening. They might be something I concider when my betta has crossed the rainbow.

I used to have them and I found that mine stayed near the top and would occasionally venture to the middle. I had one that liked to "jump" used to scare {mod edit} me on a regular basis.

Okay then...that sounds pretty good. They will be added to "thought list". ;) Thank you!
Oh and that's funny! My betta scares me sometimes too. She sneaks out of the floating plants when I am cleaning the tanks and rushes up on my hand. She's so silly! And loves to be petted. Odd little thing isn't she :)

Last edited by a moderator:
im in the same boat as the OP i have a male betta in my 30g with a huge empty area at the top of my tank and not sure what to fill it with:fish1:
Well hop on board and find out what will fill that space! (y) Do you have any other fish in the tank? If you don't have any big guys, your options will be much greater than mine. I would love to help you because there are tons of colorful top dwellers that I would get in a second if my Krib wasn't so hungry LOL!

Back
Top Bottom