What are the signs of Nightly PH crashes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWerner13

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I finally have a very efficient co2 distribution system going now. I have received two broken diffusers in the mail (thats what I get for going through ebay from malaysia...) But in becoming impatient I fixed one of the diffusers mixed a new batch and presto! the thing looks like it puts out as many bubbles as an airstone would! and they are so tiny. The only other problem is I still have not received my drop checker yet. So I was wondering what are the signs of a nightly ph crash? I want to be able to recognize it right away. If it becomes a problem I guess I will just drop an air stone right next to the diffuser at night? I would take it out but it makes an obnoxious noise.

That sucks that they arrived broken. Everything I have bought from them on ebay has arrived in good shape.

Do you have a KH test kit? You can test pH and KH at night and again in the morning to determine your co2 levels.

The biggest sign of co2 over dose will be your fish gasping at the surface.

No I didn't get the KH test because I ordered the drop checker which is "supposed" to be in by tomorrow but we'll see... I don't think I have a problem so far, I really just need that drop checker. I might just go ahead and get a KH test the next time i go into work, I get a discount now so hopefully it won't be bad.

Back
Top Bottom