What are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have a fresh or saltwater tank? You must have saltwater since that appears to be a baby star fish. If so you posted in the freshwater forum not the saltwater forum.

I was really confused because I have freshwater. I'm just happy its not some mystical parasite.Do you think it's bad that the paint on my heater is peeling?

That is the very rare plastic star nematode. I haven't seen one of those since......about 3-4 months after I bought a new heater....I think they multiply quickly as the heater ages. :D Sorry, I couldn't help it.

IMO it's not the best but as long as the fish aren't eating it and you can keep getting it out of the water it "may" be okay. Never had to deal with that issue before.

Thank. I feel silly now that I was worried about it. I had a parasite problem a few months that was pretty tragic for my tank. I didn't want it to happen again. :)

You were not alone in the worrying about that. I started to notice little blue specks on my sand and was freaking out thinking it may be some weird bacteria or fungus. Cleaned them up and noticed more. I got evn more freaked until I looked at my heater and noticed it's pattern was off.

Back
Top Bottom