What are these fish called?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dgameman1

Aquarium Advice Activist
u655ZYj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gClwYSZ.jpg

The second picture is a bit blurry, but they're pretty small and they school alot. They tend to stay on the ground.

2nd picture looks like a cory cat. Would need a clear picture to tell exactly which type.

1st picture, I don't know.

1st pic is a tetra, hyphessobrycon genus I believe.

2nd pic is definitely a corydoras. The pic is very blurry, but I'd guess paleatus if I had to.

1st long finned serpae tetra
2nd Juhli corydoras catfish (I believe)

Well now I'm confused between whether or not it's a Sterbai Cory or a Julii Cory :p

This is the best picture I could get ;D

bCevMsb.jpg

Wel just to confuse you even more, it is Corydoras trilineatus - a fish that is usually sold as julii. True julii are not available very often and have mostly tiny spots on the body and a less pronounced lateral stripe.

The tetra is, as most have said, a long fin serpae tetra

I'm just kinda worried because one of my Cory Cat's don't really school with the other two.

Here are more pictures, can you guys tell a difference?

SsWhHlv.jpg

b30PNhH.jpg

They may not school in the traditional schooling fish sense, but they do school. Cory cats are social and will rest together and swim together but they also go off on their own. I have 5 sterbai's and there are times when all 5 swim together and there's times where they all do their own thing.

I'm not able to tell if those are false or true julii's (not good at telling them apart) but they are not sterbai's. Sterbai's are dark with white spots, especially along their back and their heads.

Technically cory cats shoal; they don't school. To shoal means that they gather together for social reasons, rather than to feed, etc.

Back
Top Bottom