What are they??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pnuts100

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok,so i went to the new lfs today and just could not help myself,they had these to small fish in a tank with some very large oscars and they looked so unhappy that i caved in and saved them,i got them both for 5.00$,they are only about 2" long and are doing really well.The girl that was working there told me she wasnt sure what they were and there was no name on the tank for them.Can enyone tell me please what they are,ive only ever delt with oscars.
img_196814_0_b4a61338c81afa3704417c4e322474ce.jpg

This one is pretty banged up!!!

img_196814_1_03d5d11ab62dd747e89e9dac6892bea6.jpg

img_196814_2_63846b49e615c94970c1725a43976679.jpg

This little guy is very fast so it was hard to get a good shot!!

Thanks for the info.

***edited to resize***

Hope you have a good sized aquarium!! They're both cichlids. The first one looks like a 'Green Terror', Aequidens rivulatus. The second looks like a type of 'Red Devil', either Amphilophus citrinellus or one of the other similar Amphilophus species. Both of these fish get fairly large, the 'Red Devil' quite the larger of the two, and both are very aggressive. They are easily capable of holding their own against similarly-sized cichlids.

Oh Great, :roll:

Well i DO still have 3 empty walls to fill up so i better start working on my dear hubby again :lol:

All jokeing aside they really are great little fish and so fun to watch.It will be great to watch them grow and change,how fast do they grow???Like oscars???
Got some studying to do!!!!!!So i can do it right.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom