What are you getting your fish for Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

insecurity

Aquarium Advice Activist
What the subject says- what are you getting your fish for Christmas?
I asked myself that last week, then I asked my sister. My sister told me that fish don't celebrate Christmas.

Regardless, I want to get my fishes something, but I can't think of anything. The most I can think of is a new tank mate- a Montezuma Swordtail.

1 java fern
2 baby guppies
3 0 gallon aquaclear
4 stems rotala
5 stems of anacharis!

and a partridge in a pear tree!

:lol:

I am getting them a 55 gallon tank, and a new tank mate

Not getting them anything this year :( . I was going to get them some new food but I already feed them brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, bloodworms, beefheart, and emerald entree so they're already spoiled enough lol. They are getting new tankmates as a new year present though.

Mine a getting a hospital tank, a heater, new substrate, new real plants. Thinking a crypt in the middle with an aponegeton in each corner (10g). My first two fish ever (my mollies) are moving from my first tank ever to my 55g. I will also be getting 3 dwarf fire-eyed loaches, 4 cory cats, and either a baby betta or an elephant eared betta. Might get a baby so i can condition it to living with my shrimp. So excited.

My mom got me a new filter to replace my current filter that I had just bought in November. However it was VERY noisy. The tank is a 29 gallon and the new filter she picked up was rated for up to 30 gallons. I installed the new filter today, but found out it leaked!! so I returned it and bought myself a new filter.

Mine a getting a hospital tank, a heater, new substrate, new real plants. Thinking a crypt in the middle with an aponegeton in each corner (10g). My first two fish ever (my mollies) are moving from my first tank ever to my 55g. I will also be getting 3 dwarf fire-eyed loaches, 4 cory cats, and either a baby betta or an elephant eared betta. Might get a baby so i can condition it to living with my shrimp. So excited.

I wouldn't get a baby betta fish because they need extremely clean water. A lot of bettas will live with shrimp. Raising it yourself won't make much of a difference.

Thank you so much bettafanatic! That was my main worry as I love my shrimp and didn't want my very small colony to get wiped out. Now I can get one with some awesome coloring :)

I got my fish a huge castle and hornwort!

They got their presents early, I couldn't wait! Lol

Attachments

• image-4102530701.jpg
    image-4102530701.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 129
I got my fish a huge castle and hornwort!

They got their presents early, I couldn't wait! Lol

Be careful with the hornwort. It will grow and take over your entire tank very quickly. I started with 3 small bunches and every week I was throwing handfuls out. I finally got rid of all of it because it just took over.

My husband (aka santa) bought me a 29g and a test kit for my platie and snail. My 5g is getting a 3d background and turned into a beta tank :3

I'm going to look for another drift wood piece, they'll be getting some more plants, and possibly a couple new tank mates :)

I'm going to look for another drift wood piece, they'll be getting some more plants, and possibly a couple new tank mates :)

is there any websites or stores that sell aquarium driftwood? None my of LFS have it.. currently have some fake driftwood that I would love to replace

:thanks:

is there any websites or stores that sell aquarium driftwood? None my of LFS have it.. currently have some fake driftwood that I would love to replace

I get my drift wood at my lfs. It's not unheard of for big stores like petsmart to also carry drift wood. I haven't tried ordering any online but I remember reading about some members ordering it, so it is possible. Hopefully someone that has ordered it will chime in :)

Just google driftwood somthing will show up. I've also seen it on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom