What are your top three favorite fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jman17H said:
1. Striata Botia
2. Clown loach
3. Weather loach

LOL.

1. Loaches
2. Loaches
3. Loaches
Amour15.gif

I just returned from the lfs because my tank has finally finished cycling. I knew I needed to resist the clowns (at least until I get myself a nice big 75 gallon). There I found in the same tank a teeny yoyo and a teeny striata. In another tank by herself with baby cichlids, I found a full-size queen who was all greyed out with ripped-up fins. 8O

All three are acclimating now in my newly planted tank (I know loaches and plants might not mix well, but I'm going to try).

I have a limited amount of experience with different fish species. All the fish I purchase live for a long time, so I don't go through very many of them.

1) Black Ghost Knife
2) African Knife
3) Polypterus Senegal Bichir (Though Peacock cichlids are a close third)

rkilling1 said:
I have a limited amount of experience with different fish species. All the fish I purchase live for a long time, so I don't go through very many of them.

Isn't that was MTS is about, getting more tanks, so you can experience more fish... i must say i am very disappointed in you... only MTS sufferers are allowed to post in this thread :p

I am just kidding of course.

I think that most opinions are baised on this subject so here's mine :
Black Ghost Knife
Corys (julii)
GBR

1. Brackish puffers (F8 -> GSP -> Ceylon in order of preference!)
2. Loaches (any kind, but esp. clowns and polkadot, not a big fan of yo-yos)
3. Malawi mbuna (most of them are beautiful and interesting)

coldmachineUK said:
1. Brackish puffers (F8 -> GSP -> Ceylon in order of preference!)
2. Loaches (any kind, but esp. clowns and polkadot, not a big fan of yo-yos)
3. Malawi mbuna (most of them are beautiful and interesting)

why not yoyos?

I have 3 lists really:

Freshwater fish I own:

1) Chalceus (either Chalceus macrolepidotus or C. erythrurus) Like a 10" tetra with needle teeth
2) Bala sharks - Great to watch them shoaling once they get larger (8"+)
3)Rainbow snakehead (Channa bleheri) - Great little fish with plenty of attitude, and the first fish to leap two inches out of the water to attack my finger because I was too slow feeding.

FW fish I would like to own:

1) Red Tail Catfish - any predator that looks that nice and has a mouth that wide is just great
2) Tiger Shovelnose Catfish - Just see the above really
3) Arapaima gigas - Fantastic, prehistoric looking fish.

Out of any fish I could get it would all be SW:

1) Sharks - any shark would do, though a dream would be a ram ventilated shark pool
2) Walking Batfish - These things look amazing
3) Frogfish - Having owned these I can say they have amazing characters and their eating abilities are second to none.

kaz said:
why not yoyos?

Ohh, I don't dislike them, they're just my least favourite loach probably. I still think they're cute in comparison to other non-loach fishies! :) The reason is that IME I've found them to be a little bit more...'active' hehe, than others. They tend to fight more in larger groups (5 or so). I'm sure, as with all fish/stories, there are as many stories of how friendly and peaceful they are though, but I can only go on what I've seen :)

Going to have to go with:

1.) BGK
2.) Angels
3.) any malawi cichlid, especially demasoni, socofoli and venustus

1) Pictus cats - Spotted and Four-line - the huge whiskers get me. Their eyes are so cute too how they look around. Someone said betta's are like a dog with fins... I see that with my pictus LOL.
2) Black Ghost Knife - I do not own one (YET!) but they look so pretty and graceful in the water. Stunning fish.
3) Bettas - fins are just stunning and their face to me seems to have expression, playful.

Wow, do I have to break it down to 3? Ya know what; I can't do it. I'm just gonna name some.
1. My red-finned lepordinus pleco. CODENAME: Mr. Mango
2. Brown african knife. CODENAME: Dark Invader
3. Gold nugget pleco. CODENAME: Kwame
4. African Butterflyfish CODENAME: Rocky
5. Blue-eyed eclipse catfish. CODENAME: Frankie (After ol' blue eyes)
6. Upside-down cat. CODENAME: Ledbelly (After the jazz musician)
7. My pair of Blue Diamond Discus. CODENAMES: Roxy and Diva
8. My black and my striped khuli loaches. CODENAMES: Thunder and Coolio

Sorry I couldn't keep it to three, but that was a tough one. I know...I screwed up the whole theme. And yes, minus about 6, my fish all have names. All fifty of them. :)

I have to add 3 more

1. glass catfish.
2. eels of any kind
3. bettas (i love the bulldog faces)

Back
Top Bottom