What barbs do i get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JacobThomson

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm planning my next trip to my LFS in 2 weeks or so. I want some barbs however there are so many out there to choose from!
I like the - Cherry Barb, Rosy Barb, Green tiger Barb, Tiger barb
I want something with colour, preferably red or orange! Does anyone have any barb and what do you recommend? Attach some pics of what you have. Thanks!

I love hexa barb they are soo active and schooling fish and not aggressive as tiger barb

I'm planning my next trip to my LFS in 2 weeks or so. I want some barbs however there are so many out there to choose from!
I like the - Cherry Barb, Rosy Barb, Green tiger Barb, Tiger barb
I want something with colour, preferably red or orange! Does anyone have any barb and what do you recommend? Attach some pics of what you have. Thanks!

A 21 gal will somewhat limit you to the smaller species of Barbs.

1. Cherry Barbs
2. Gold Barbs
3. Checkered Barbs.

The above get to about 2 inches max, but are not as aggressive as TigerBarbs.
You'd get a combo of Yellow, Red, Orange and Silver.

A 21 gal will somewhat limit you to the smaller species of Barbs.

1. Cherry Barbs
2. Gold Barbs
3. Checkered Barbs.

The above get to about 2 inches max, but are not as aggressive as TigerBarbs.
You'd get a combo of Yellow, Red, Orange and Silver.

Thanks! Do you own any of these?

So you guys think tiger barbs in a 20 is a no-no? I've had other people tell me as long as I have no odd numbers I should be good with 4.

Check my signature... I have those 3 plus a few other barbs.
At the 29 gal level is when you can start looking at a few tigerbarbs and or Odessa's.
Beyond that you get into the 40gal and up in size considering size and energy level.

Checkered barbs are a personal favorite

But if you can find/afforded African banded barbs

They are an excellent choice (for 5 bucks a pop)

I've kept some cherry barbs before and they are great. I've also kept rosy barbs and they were not my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom