What burrows in FW sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lake Malawi snails or Lake Malawi, snails? And how big does the Aethiomastacembelus shiranus get 10.25"?

Attachments

• aethioshir.jpg
    aethioshir.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 30
Toirtis said:
Lake Malawi snails. Not sure anything else would....other than perhaps Aethiomastacembelus shiranus, but good luck finding those.

by the way.. Toirtis... where would one begin to look for such a fish? Youve got me interested! I had no idea Lake Malawi had its own spinny eel! I cant say im extremely surprised though..LOL

Toirtis said:
Armke's, Rehoboth Aquatics, Stuart Grant's operation....not sure, really.

Do any of these places/people have web-sites and ship fish?
You really got me interested.. 8O

By the way is the 75 big enough for one or more of these things?

Ill have to put that on my to do list.. If I can convince the little woman that a spinny eel is worth the trouble!! LOL!

Is a 75 gallon big enough?
And is this a good idea if your going to have plants in the sand?

Macrobrachium cf. mirabile, the Indian pearl shrimp (to 2.5 inches), is another notable burrower.

An image of a rather plain specimen may be viewed here; I'll attempt to secure a picture of a glossy spotted specimen.

Ive kinda steered the conversation to Great African Rift Lake Malawi burrowers.. But I do have more tanks to think about! LOL.. So go ahead Veneer!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well, not sure if they are compatible with what you are describing, but my horseface loaches love sand. They spend a lot of their time with only their long horse faces sticking out so they can watch the world go by.

They do get large though.

Back
Top Bottom