What Camera do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crusis

Aquarium Advice Activist
I took quite a few pictures of my tank the other day.... and I must say that 90% of them were wretched.

I have a Kodak 2.2 Megapixel camera that pretty much bites at close range, and shutter speed isn't quick enough if the fish are in motion.

What camera do you use?

How do you do close ups?

What techniques?

What settings?

Any tricks?

I'd like to know. I'd like to create a photo history of my tanks, and can't really do that with my current camera.

I'm all ears.... er, eyes for the expert responses!

I like my fuji s5000. The main trick is to take TONS of photos. Most will stink - but a few will turn out good.

here is what i usually do for each "scene" I want to photo.
1. Set the camera on the highest ISO rating
2. Set the widest aperture (I think this means low numbers)
3. Find a shutter speed that will take dark pictures.
4. take 2 photos
5. slow the shutter speed by one notch.
6. repeat steps 4&5 until the photos are to bright
7. download the photos onto the computer and find which shutter speed looked the best.
8. Then take several more photos at this shutter speed.

The main trick is to take TONS of photos.

A totally dark room will minimize reflections on the glass. I also don't use the flash.

I use a Nikon Coolpix 2000.

Don't be surprised if most of your pics are unuseable. Most people only get about 1 good picture out of 10.

Well just bought my new digital, buts it the new nikon d20 slr. got to love it lemme tell you. as far as how do i get the close up, i put on the 18mm lens and snap away.

Got the Minolta Dimage E323. All I do is put in the flash, so the water doesn't look green and switch on Macro. No fiddling around with anything else and you can see in my gallery how sharp and brilliant the pictures are!

Back
Top Bottom