What Can A Common Pleco Eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes the nicks should be fine lol. The slate definitely looks the best. Your sand looks better than mine, I like the black. Mine is a tan color. I bought mine for $13 for 100 pounds at a pool store. I used about 75 lbs in my 55g

Yes.. i was going to buy what you bought but the only reason i didn't was because i was to chicken something would happen, like kill my fish. I did go to the pet store for white sand but they didn't have any left. I didn't want black sand at all but looking at it now it makes everything pop nice

Common plecos aren't strict veggie eaters, nor do they need driftwood in their diet. They're omnivores to the core and usually eat anything they can get their mouths on :) Try a variety of things, from shrimp pellets to algae wafers, blanched/skinned veggies, and even fruit (someone said on a different thread that overripe bananas are relished by theirs). I'm sure he'll find something he likes fast!

Back
Top Bottom