What can I add to my 125 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonny2007

Aquarium Advice Activist
Was wondering, what could I add to my stock. I am looking for a colorful school that generally stays in the mid level, its a 125, with 2 gbr, gold ram, elce blue ram, 1 beta, 1 red tail shark, 2 angles, and 13 various corys.

Look into Denison Barbs ... highly energetic, great colors and in a 125gal they'd have lots of room to demonstrate their energy.

Thanks for the speedy response, I will look into them, I just want to try to stay away from nippy fish.

How about a beautiful school of rummynose tetras? They wouldn't bother any other fish and the other fish wouldn't bother them.

How about a medium sized catfish? My four line pictus is great. He's about a foot long and very docile. They're quite beautiful as well. Some other good options would be sun cats or various synodontis. A sturgeon cat would be nice for an oddball look.
I also like denison barbs and rummynose tetras.
You've got a ton of options, what type of fish were you thinking of?

Cochu's blue tetras. Kerri tetras would be great too but they aren't a tight schooler.

Ok so, they didn't have rummy nose tetras, so I got 5 glowlight, 5 neon tetras. Maybe they will school together

I had glowlights and neons together for a while and they did hang together more than I had expected. I can't say they schooled but, they seemed to enjoy eachothers company. I would still get one more of each when you can though. :)

Ok so, they didn't have rummy nose tetras, so I got 5 glowlight, 5 neon tetras. Maybe they will school together

I just picked up 6 Rummies for my son's 10gal Yesterday and I'm seriously thinking of getting 6 for my tank. Neons look nice, but I think Cardinal Tetras look even nicer ... just waiting for the LFS that I got the rummies to get their expected shipment of Cardinals ... figured I'll add 4 for my son's 10 gal to with the rummies and the 3 (surviving) neons.

Well I felt the urge to get something for my tank lol. And I just checked the bag and looks like I got 6 neons =) bonus

Back
Top Bottom