What can i add to my 20 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cubby83

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I have a 20 gallon tank. Current residents are 1 blue crayfish ad 2 dwarf gourami.

What else can I add:
I was thinking some kind of schooling fish. I also saw some bamboo shrimp but not sure if crayfish will eat them.

Open to any suggestions. Please include an amount suitable taking into consideration the three things i got in the tank already.

Thank You

I'm a fan of the black skirt tetras. They're style and colors are striking and they can survive A LOT of neglect...(I should know!) and do great at room temp. 5 or 6 would work well and they should do great with your other fish.

Welcome to AA!

I would suggest getting rid of one of the gouramis, DG's are known to be highly territorial to its own and other species of gouarmi (Kinda like bettas). Soon, they will fight, and you will only have one remaining.

Im not really sure about tank-mates for Crayfish, but considering that they can grab a small fish a night (when the lights are out), you might want to look for something fast and that stays at the top. Have you considered Glo-fish or zebra danios (Note, need to be in school, if not, they could nip the gourami.

I also suggest to return one of the gouramies, for additions I have rumminose tetras, they school great, you can add 5 to 6, also you can add some corys, to keep the bottom clean.

I would suggest getting rid of one of the gouramis, DG's are known to be highly territorial to its own and other species of gouarmi (Kinda like bettas). Soon, they will fight, and you will only have one remaining.

WHAT?! Oh boy...I missed a memo. /facepalm

If this is true then I'm in trouble! I just purchased another male DG, (it's currently being held in my QT). DOH!

Cubby, Neon Tetras would be a nice, colorful addition to your tank. Just like other schooling fish, 5 or 6 would be plenty in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom