What can I add to my tank that won't harm my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heather Lynn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
to clean my water from discoloring from mopain wood? Can I add carbon pellets without a bag and just drop them in my tank? What does calcium do to your tank? Does it raise your ph? I ran my mopain wood through my dishwasher on the hot cycle 20 times but it still is releasing a really dark brown color and I need some help!

Heather Lynn said:
to clean my water from discoloring from mopain wood? Can I add carbon pellets without a bag and just drop them in my tank? What does calcium do to your tank? Does it raise your ph? I ran my mopain wood through my dishwasher on the hot cycle 20 times but it still is releasing a really dark brown color and I need some help!

That's driftwood for ya. Some driftwood will leech tannins for years! Don't add carbon to ur tank.. Without a bag u are gonna be having fun when it comes to removing it! (u need to remove carbon every 30 days or so! If u really wanna use carbon add it to ur filter.

Add carbon to your filter. The color should dissipate, you could remove the wood and boil and soak it to try and release as much of the tannins as you can.

Back
Top Bottom