What can I do better ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharktale

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to know what else can I do in my fresh water tank, here is what I have. Thank you!
Fresh water 75 gallon,2 Fluval AquaClear Power Filter for 70 to 110g 500 gph each,G-Series Advanced Filtration System for 80g 185 gph, Green Killing Machine Internal UV Sterilizer, fluval planted LED, moon light Current LED, 1 Fluval Q2 Air Pump, live plants live rock and wood I have 7 tiger bars,1 red tailed shark, 1 rainbow shark, 1Pangasius Catfish, 1 bala shark, 1 black ghost knife, 2 Plecostomus I use co2 booster for the plants and plant food, food for the fish, I use frozen food or live worms and fluval flakes. Day lights on about 10 hrs a day moon light for 4 hr and total darknes for 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405909125.369498.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405909125.369498.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 81
Cut back to under 8 hours on the day light. More than that and you're asking for algae. Moonlight could also be cut to an hour pre and post daylight. Tank looks nice otherwise.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cut back to under 8 hours on the day light. More than that and you're asking for algae. Moonlight could also be cut to an hour pre and post daylight. Tank looks nice otherwise.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cool what do u think 6 hrs. I though about it but I didn't move on it but thank you!

You don't have any heavy light plants, so six hours should be sufficient. If your plants suffer, you can always extend the lighting period. I run my tank for 2 hours on, 3 hours off, 5 hours on.

I want to know what else can I do in my fresh water tank, here is what I have. Thank you!
Fresh water 75 gallon,2 Fluval AquaClear Power Filter for 70 to 110g 500 gph each,G-Series Advanced Filtration System for 80g 185 gph, Green Killing Machine Internal UV Sterilizer, fluval planted LED, moon light Current LED, 1 Fluval Q2 Air Pump, live plants live rock and wood I have 7 tiger bars,1 red tailed shark, 1 rainbow shark, 1Pangasius Catfish, 1 bala shark, 1 black ghost knife, 2 Plecostomus I use co2 booster for the plants and plant food, food for the fish, I use frozen food or live worms and fluval flakes. Day lights on about 10 hrs a day moon light for 4 hr and total darknes for 7.

It's good to have a plan before you set up an aquarium, that way you have an idea of what it should look like. Filtration, lighting, decoration, and fish should all work together to create a natural environment. That being said, as long as the fish aren't being tossed around by the current, I won't say anything about the filtration. Plants and lighting, I'm no expert but my lights are on for 10hrs but I have more plants. Fish selection is questionable; what I mean is, Tiger Barbs are notorious fin nippers, Rainbow and Red tail sharks shouldn't be kept together (as they age, they won't tolerate each other), Bala sharks are schooling fish and get about 12", Black Ghost well over 12", and the Pangasius Catfish is a tank Buster reaching almost 4'.

To make your tank better, add more plants. Research different ones, typically, tall plants to the back.

Return or rehome the Pangasius Catfish, Bala Shark, and either the Rainbow or Red tail. Tiger Barbs are cool and a bigger school should decrease the nippy behavior.

It's good to have a plan before you set up an aquarium, that way you have an idea of what it should look like. Filtration, lighting, decoration, and fish should all work together to create a natural environment. That being said, as long as the fish aren't being tossed around by the current, I won't say anything about the filtration. Plants and lighting, I'm no expert but my lights are on for 10hrs but I have more plants. Fish selection is questionable; what I mean is, Tiger Barbs are notorious fin nippers, Rainbow and Red tail sharks shouldn't be kept together (as they age, they won't tolerate each other), Bala sharks are schooling fish and get about 12", Black Ghost well over 12", and the Pangasius Catfish is a tank Buster reaching almost 4'.

To make your tank better, add more plants. Research different ones, typically, tall plants to the back.

Return or rehome the Pangasius Catfish, Bala Shark, and either the Rainbow or Red tail. Tiger Barbs are cool and a bigger school should decrease the nippy behavior.

Thank you! I got some more plants today and I been thinking about the fish so I hope I can find a home for them, I'll get more plants later.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405992267.353172.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405992267.353172.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom