what can i keep with 'White Clouds' ?? need some ideas ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
flamingonhot said:
Also remember even though they stick to the glass they dont eat purely algae like plecos mainly do, They will eat some i can say that but they do better off eating algae tablets,bloodworms,and other stuff than relying on them to eat only algae.

That's interesting. I can honestly say I have never seen my hillstream loach come off the glass. In fact I have completely stopped cleaning the algae off the back of my tank for fear the little guy might starve if I did. I put algae wafers and bloodworms in my tank all the time. But mine only sucks the glass.

Oh and I reallized my link had previously been posted...oops. Sorry.

If you read about the hillstream loaches, they are omnivores. In the wild they feed on Green algae beds, but also eat mosquito larvae and such. I feed my fish bloodworms, shrimp pellets, algae wafers, flake food, and fresh veggies... ive only seen the hillstream loach suck on the sides of the tank, so i guess it's getting something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
question:

are hillstream loaches 'Schooling' fish??

do i need to keep more than 1??

I don't think so, but if you wanted more than one it couldn't hurt.

megladonsharky said:
what is your tank ave temp??/ I keep a female betta with white clouds at about 75 without a heater ...

been there, done that :wink: :wink: :wink:

that's what I originally had in my tank.
I had a school of 5 female bettas with white clouds.
NO heater, and it was lovely.

However, i don't think my bettas enjoyed the strong current in the tank :(
and the white clouds were TOO QUICK for the food, i had to hand feed the bettas (too much hassel)
But they lived for 2 years without a heater.

don't put dragon fish (dragon goby,violet gobies) in with them. They won't get eaten (minnows) but they need a bigger tank about 60 gallons and they need to be kept in brackish water.

Hillstreams are cool but they are a big pain to get off the glass and they go about 50 miles an hour lol.

flamingonhot said:
don't put dragon fish (dragon goby,violet gobies) in with them. They won't get eaten (minnows) but they need a bigger tank about 60 gallons and they need to be kept in brackish water.

Hillstreams are cool but they are a big pain to get off the glass and they go about 50 miles an hour lol.

wow !!

that's SLOW !!
i can probably tip-toe faster :wink:

how are your white clouds doing? i just added 6 to my heated tank around 76 degrees and they love it...

Yeah those would do fine in colder temperatures but like a soft substrate. But do not add Dragon/Violet gobies becuase they are Brackish water fish and don't do well in FW. Tadpoles won't do good either because they will eventually need a land area. But still if you dedicate a tank to frogs and everytime one of your tadpoles turns into frogs you replace it with another tadpole you will eventually will have tank(s) full of frogs.

Back
Top Bottom