What can I mix with Guppies in a 40g tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilman021191

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 40 gallon tank with about 7-8 guppies, I want to add more fish that are easy to take care of and will go good with my guppies and help will be nice! Thanks!!

I have a 40 gallon tank with about 7-8 guppies, I want to add more fish that are easy to take care of and will go good with my guppies and help will be nice! Thanks!!

Most tetras would would work, a school of Cory's would work, maybe some platys, or a dwarf gourami. There's also many other options, I'd recommend going on live aquaria and just checking out all the freshwater species and pick some out that you like that suit your tank and then post a stock list back on this thread and we will tell you if it would work :)

Most tetras would would work, a school of Cory's would work, maybe some platys, or a dwarf gourami. There's also many other options, I'd recommend going on live aquaria and just checking out all the freshwater species and pick some out that you like that suit your tank and then post a stock list back on this thread and we will tell you if it would work :)

Thanks! I'm wanting some more colorful fish. Also I have gravel in the tank should I replaced that with sand if so will any type of sand due?

The gravel should be fine, but if you want sand, I'd go to lowes and buy play sand. It's cheap and looks great!! Just make sure you rinse it well!! I can't emphasize that enough!

The gravel should be fine, but if you want sand, I'd go to lowes and buy play sand. It's cheap and looks great!! Just make sure you rinse it well!! I can't emphasize that enough!

Ok cool, so here is my "wish list" please tell me if its a good idea. I really like to get a rainbow fish, a black veil angel fish, and some neon tetras please let me know what you think and how many I should get of each.

I think that would work. Just to be safe, if go to aqadviser.com and put your stock in and see if it would work. It's a great and accurate site !

If your looking for more easy fish to go along with them, mollies or platys would work, but keep in mind both are live bearers.
Otherwise, a school of tetras would be good as well. I personally prefer X-ray tetras, black skirts, or emperor tetras.
An angelfish would also work, but please know that angelfish are intermediate level fish and are sensitive. Extra care is needed to take care of them.

Back
Top Bottom